By Carolyn Beck, Awards Chair
The Indiana Association of Health Underwriters was recently honored to receive the Landmark Award at the National Association of Health Underwriters’ (NAHU) 85th Annual Convention and Exhibition in New Orleans, LA. This is the 8th Landmark Award that the Indiana State Chapter has received.
The criteria to achieve this award is based on many factors related to providing value and achievements to our membership. Listed are a few of the criteria necessary for achieving the Landmark award:
- NAHU Events – representation at our Capitol Conference, Annual Convention and Regional Meeting.
- Chapter Management – Established by-laws, P&P’s, Budget adherence, honoring and recognizing local chapters and individuals for achievements. Local Chapter Certifications
- State Events – Board meetings, Annual Convention, Leadership meetings, and Strategic Planning meetings
- Legislative Activities – Lobbyist Program, Day on the Hill, Membership participation in State Pac and National Pac. Meetings with DOI.
- Membership – Recruitment and retention of membership. Membership contest. Participation at the Regional level monthly calls.
- Professional Development – Host educational programs, promote, designations and LPRT program and winners.
- Media Relations – Conduct Media outreach and identify media contacts.
- Communications – Provide a State Newsletter and website. Conduct a member’s need survey.
This Award year our chapter organized the first ever State and Regional combined meeting, hosted a Medicare summit, offered a membership contest, provided monthly newsletters, revamped the ISAHU website, sent two individual to Capitol Conference through the Carol Cutter Scholarship program all while doubling its efforts legislative.
All of these programs and achievements were reached under budget through the generosity of our members and sponsors.
ISAHU exemplifies the dedication to providing the best opportunities for our members. As a result, once again, our State Chapter was recognized through the Landmark Award.