The calendar year 2018 provided numerous high points for ISAHU because of the efforts of many at the local and state levels of NAHU. The 2018 calendar year started with 25 ISAHU members attending the NAHU Capitol Conference in Washington D.C. in February.
During the first quarter in addition to Capitol Conference, ISAHU also held it’s “Day on the Hill” and it’s nnual Medicare Summit. During the month of June each year NAHU conducts its Annual Conference. Awarding State and Local chapters for their efforts is one of the highlights of the conference. ISAHU State, Local and Individual members were represented well during the awards ceremony. Some of the awards given to our chapters and members include:
- Denny Wright was honored with the Presidential Citation because of his efforts during his term as ISAHU State President.
- The NEIAHU chapter won the Pacesetter Award
- The SWIAHU local chapter won the prestigious G.A.I.N. award which is a national award presented to a local chapter for outstanding efforts in new membership and membership retention. The SWIAHU also won the Pacesetter Award.
- The State of Indiana won an award for having the most new members join ISAHU in the last year. In addition, ISAHU won the Landmark Award for the 12th consecutive year and the Blue-Ribbon Award for Excellence.
- Andrea Bogard was honored with the Distinguished Service Award for her many years of serving on the SCIAHU Board and to ISAHU.
ISAHU conducts three meetings a year, the Medicare Summit, ISAHU State Convention and Carol Cutter Golf Outing. The ISAHU State Convention and Carol Cutter Golf Outing were well attended by ISAHU members and sponsors.
- The 2018 Carol Cutter Outing had the largest field in the history of the event.
- The 2018 ISAHU State Convention had near record attendance
As in most year’s the support ISAHU members give to our Political Action Committees is outstanding. The ISAHU-PAC had a phenomenal year under the direction of Roger Skinner. HUPAC contributions increased 20+% over 2017.
On behalf of the ISAHU Board, thank you for another successful year and what you do for our association and our industry.