As the current ISAHU President it is my honor to describe for our members the chapter and member achievements from calendar year 2019. The strong volunteer and leadership efforts of many at the local and state levels of NAHU have made ISAHU a leader among all the chapters within the NAHU family.
In January ISAHU held it’s “Day on the Hill” meeting with elected officials in the Indiana General Assembly to discuss pending insurance legislation. ISAHU partners with NAIFA on this annual event each winter during our state’s legislative session. In February several ISAHU members attended the NAHU Capitol Conference in Washington D.C.
In May ISAHU sponsored our most successful Medicare Summit ever with almost 250 people in attendance. This year’s Summit included general sessions as well as several breakout Continuing Education classes led by local, regional, and national expert subject matter speakers.
During the month of June NAHU conducts its Annual National Conference. Awarding State and Local chapters for their efforts is one of the highlights of the conference. ISAHU State and local chapters were well represented during the awards ceremony. Some of the awards given to our chapters included:
- The NEIAHU, SCIAHU, SWIAHU chapters won the Pacesetter Award.
- ISAHU won the Landmark Award for the 13th consecutive year and the Blue-Ribbon Award for Excellence. ISAHU is the only state chapter in the nation to have won the Landmark Award for 13 consecutive years. The Landmark Award is the highest state chapter award NAHU offers.
- The SCIAHU chapter was Platinum Certified. Platinum Certification is the highest level possible for local chapters offered by NAHU.
- ISAHU, IAHU, NEIAHU, NWIAHU, and SWIAH were all Gold Certified.
- GBIAHU and GNIAHU were Silver Certified.
In July ISAHU conducted our annual Carol Cutter Memorial Golf Outing and our State Convention. This year’s state convention had almost 150 people in attendance. In addition to several unique Continuing Education classes being taught the convention was highlighted by the attendance of Indiana Congresswoman Jackie Wolarski’s presentation for service to immediate past President Don Griffey.
Awards presented at the State Convention included:
- Member of the Year – Roger Skinner, Patricia Griffey
- Chapter of the Year – SCIAHU
- Legislative Excellence Award – Tom Gant
Volunteer Member of the Year – Lisa Frazzeta-Manning
- Emerging Leader – Amber Frey
- Corporate Partner – United Healthcare
- State Legislator of the Year – Rep. Mahan
- and Federal Legislator of the Year – Rep. Jackie Walorski.
On behalf of the ISAHU Board, thank you for another successful year and what you do for our association and our industry.