The five-hour course will begin with paying distinct attention to regulatory concerns, service model options, cost containment strategies and underwriting. Class participants will walk through unique issues that self-funded plans must face due to mergers and acquisitions followed by a concentration of study covering the integration of next generation design elements in plan design, transparency tools, quality based models, cost-sharing & control, tool integration & incentives and payment controls. Many employers are also looking for innovative ways to educate and enroll their employees in their self-funded plans and wish to be prepared for any upcoming national legislation that may affect them.
“I just took the Advanced Self-Funding Certification class and was very impressed with your handouts and presentation. It really gave me plenty of things to think about and opportunities to change some things I am currently doing.”
– Michael J. Kilker, USI Midwest, Saint Louis, MO
Advanced Self-Funded Certification Class
- Thursday, January 18
- Registration @ 7:30 a.m., Program @ 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Learning Centers C&D @ IU North, 11700 N. Meridian Street, Carmel, IN 46032
- The cost of the course is $259 for NAHU members and $339 for non-members.
- Highly suggested to have some basic self-funding knowledge as it is not covered in this course.
- This course will require some self study prior to taking the exam online.
We are proud to announce that NAHU is providing another resource for marketing your professional expertise in a way that will set you apart from the rest. You can now brand your certification on media announcements, email signatures, business cards and company letterhead to highlight your accomplishment.