Although 2020 didn’t quite pan out like we had all hoped, your local and state board members are always working hard behind the scenes on your behalf! I am proud to share with you some of our accomplishments in 2020…
- Planned an AMAZING INsure Expo for our members! Unfortunately, we had to postpone, but excited to announce it’s return in 2021!
- Vetted multiple Lobbying firms and hiring our new partner, Torchbearer, in June 2020. They have already blown us away with their engagement, knowledge and relationships.
- ISAHU’s Legislative committee has been actively involved with several bills at the Statehouse. We have made great progress with the current “CE Rollover Bill”, and much more.
- Just before COVID hit us, we sent our delegation to Washington DC in February to participate in NAHU’s Annual Cap Con.
- Our delegation participated in NAHU’s FIRST EVER virtual annual convention, where we celebrated a successful NAHU Presidency with our beloved Patricia Griffey.
- Our very own, South Central Indiana chapter was awarded the PLATINUM certification by NAHU, being the only chapter in the country to achieve this designation!
- Continued to support our seven AWESOME local chapters… most of whom were able to execute golf outings in 2020.
- Held the 10th Annual Carol Cutter golf outing, in which we raised funds to send first timers to CapCon! We are excited to announce that we are providing scholarships to 5 members this year!
- Created a new ISAHU board position to promote and learn more about NAHU’s Education Foundation. Thank you to Carolyn Beck for her work on this!
- Updated our bylaws and P&Ps. Special thanks to Jeff Goodwin and our Governance Committee for making this happen. If any of you have served on volunteer boards before, you know this is a huge undertaking!
AND MUCH MORE. As always, please feel free to reach out with questions and concerns!
Special thanks to everyone who volunteers to make all of this happen.