Hall of Fame 2019
Much attention is paid today to the trend of workers frequently switching jobs (and even industries). But there are plenty of individuals who, after 35-plus years in insurance, continue to dedicate their time, expertise and insights to it, and the industry is better off for them.
The 20 insurance professionals who make up IBA’s third Hall of Fame class have set new courses for the industry, mentored generations of current and future insurance professionals, and weighed in on major national and global issues. Along the way, they’ve helped to redefine what insurance is and can be.
This year’s IBA Hall of Fame class was selected with the assistance of the Hall of Fame Advisory Panel, an independent judging panel composed of industry leaders and former Hall of Fame inductees, including:
- Pam Quilici, Excess & Surplus Lines Association of California
- Brady R. Kelley, WSIA
- Jeffrey L. Rubin, Hub International Northeast
- Susan L. Combs, Combs & Company
- R. Parke Ellis, Gillis, Ellis & Baker
- Ron Abram, Abram Interstate Insurance Services
- Susan Holliday, IFC – International Finance Corporation
- John F. Jennings, JenCap Holdings
When compiling the list, IBA considered the advisory panel’s recommendations, as well as external nominations. The panelists confirmed the final inductee list based on all candidates’ industry tenure, achievements and contributions.