PHP is seeking a Senior Account Executive with responsibilities placed around the state. For more information and how to apply, see the job description below.
ISAHU and local chapters can help promote relevant industry job openings. If you or your company are hiring, let us know.
The position is responsible for selling managed care products to employer groups within an assigned sales area. This individual will prepare and present sales proposals to employer groups, directly and through brokers and/or agents, in order to drive new business and increase corporate revenue. Develops and executes sales plans and strategies for obtaining new business that are consistent with corporate objectives. Cultivates and manages a productive broker network.
- Develops and executes sales plans for assigned geographic territory
- Meets and exceeds membership growth targets
- Maximizes new sales opportunities by identifying prospects, performing cold calls and making effective presentations
- Effectively manages an assigned sales area (territory) by developing expert knowledge on the employer groups, brokers, competitors and key influencers
- Develops sales presentations that illustrate the quality and value of PHP’s product line, programs, and services
- Maintains a productive broker network, designed to increase PHP market share; develops strong relationships with brokers and/or agents to ensure consistent, timely, and professional communication and marketing of PHP programs, products, and services
- Encourages strong working relationships with all departments within PHP’s operating environment, promoting multi-departmental communication and teamwork
- Keeps competitive data file on each potential prospect in assigned territory; builds and maintains prospect database
- Maintains records on prospects to ensure continuous, timely and appropriate follow-up, complete documentation, and prompt sales updates
- Maintains professional affiliations and continues professional growth and development by keeping abreast of current managed care, insurance, sales, and industry trends
- Serves as company representative in community activities to gain broad exposure and stay abreast of all relevant business activity in the assigned territory
- Participates in contract renewal and open enrollment presentations as required
- Assists the Director of Sales on projects, gathering data and preparing reports and other general management duties
- Participates in company-wide and departmental quality management activities
- Participates in training on URAC standards pertinent to position, and adheres to same
- Participates in training on federal and state regulations applicable to position, and adheres to same
- Performs any relevant and related duties as required
Critical Required Skills:
- Extensive and proven sales skills and abilities
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Detail oriented, organized and flexible
- Analytical abilities to evaluate client needs, formulate and organize customized solutions
- Highly developed communication skills necessary for public speaking and technical presentations
- The ability to manage multiple priorities within a stressful and demanding business environment
- Effective problem solving skills
- Computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop client and broker rapport
- A professional appearance, demeanor and poise necessary to convey the desired company image
- Succeeding no matter the obstacles
- Working with many different types of people in a professional manner, particularly in problem solving and negotiation settings
- Managing multiple tasks concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- Maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality
- Working toward specific expectations, deadlines, and time requirements
- Thinking outside the box
- Creating and fostering teamwork within cross-departmental lines (e.g., Operations, Underwriting, Customer Service, etc.)
Experience: A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or a related field preferred, or equivalent industry experience. Five to seven (5-7) years of professional sales experience in the managed care industry, with broker network involvement, and demonstrated career success as measured by meeting or exceeding previous sales performance goals. Must maintain a current Indiana health and life insurance license.
Position Constraints: Must maintain a safe driving record, as travel is required. The position requires the use of your own automobile. This position may require some early morning and/or late evening hours. Significant amounts of time spent on planning, prospecting, follow-up, and implementation in order to be successful in the sales process.
How to Apply: Apply online now.