By Mike Ripley, ISAHU President
About the time this is published, the craziest year in many of our careers will be essentially over. Group open enrollments will be over (hopefully), the annual election period will be closed, and many people will be preparing for a well earned break over the holidays. I think now is a good time for us to stop and look back at what a year it has been.
- Plans sold through the federally facilitated health marketplace started January 1st
- The government decided to allow “grandmothering” in March
- Open enrollment for the marketplace closed, sort of, on March 30th
- Indiana proposed HIP 2.0 (a few different times)
- 8 Million more Americans gained health insurance in 2014
Keep in mind we had a few big hits in our association as well!
- Indiana held the region’s first state and region combined convention. A great success!
- A few of our members actually worked alongside our state government to make recommendations on HIP 2.0. To ensure a seat at the table for insurance professionals.
- Indianapolis hosted a fantastic sales symposium that saw renewed participation and energy.
- The state sent nearly 20 delegates to the National Convention in Scottsdale, AZ!
- Work began on a new and refreshed website that will create increased value to our members and to the public consumer.
All in, we’ve had a great year! Please take a moment to enjoy your successes over these coming weeks, and I’ll see you, ready to keep working hard, in 2015!