Unlimited opportunities for career growth
Unlimited professional advice and service
Unmatched help with your professional goals
Unparalleled access to legislators locally and nationally
Free or nearly free and unlimited access to training and continuing education
Membership to ISAHU and your local chapter comes with membership to the National Association of Health Underwriters
You will learn:
- How to grow your professional network
- How to connect with leaders in our industry
- How to stay up-to-date on policy and laws in your region.
- How to make legislative change in Washington and Indiana
- How to save big on programs and perks like shipping and office supplies
- How to help mentor and be mentored by your employees and colleagues
- How to increase your sales and productivity for clients
- How to think about life, health, and employee benefits like an expert professional
- How to become an insurance professional
- How to secure all your ethics and professional licensing Continuing Education credits
Who joins Health Underwriters?
- Business owners
- Customer service reps
- Students and interns
- Agency teams
- Insurance Brokers
- Insurance Agents
Join over 19,000 of your peers and colleagues who serve the interests of more than 100 million Americans
To start, we ask for your name and email address and then you’ll be automatically redirected on to NAHU to complete your application. We’re here to help, so contact us with any questions regarding membership.
Start your membership here
At a time when Congress and state legislatures are considering bills that could change or eliminate your livelihood, NAHU is the one unwavering voice representing your interests.
We know how important you are to the health and well-being of the people you serve. We bring that message to your elected officials, clearly and forcefully, every day.
An active community for agencies, brokers, and health insurance professionals
Don’t just passively learn from boring webinars. Actively get up from professionals who’ve been where you are.
Almost every training you get is just videos you watch on your own time. NAHU has plenty of those, but we also have an active community of insurance professionals in seven chapters across Indiana, plus the Indiana State Association of Health Underwriters.
What this means: Imagine you just attended a 3-hour CE on ethics. You’ve satisfied your license requirement, but with your local Health Underwriters chapter, you can ask questions, test out theories, ask for advice, and get critiques from professionals.
That’s far better than passively watching a video and forgetting about it half an hour later.
Serve your clients better with a growing network of partners, and yes, competitors
Sure, there might be some competitors in the room with you. But don’t stick your head in the sand and pretend they don’t exist. Get to know them, understand there might be some things they do you don’t and vice versa.
Then, when your clients ask for a product you don’t underwrite or a service that’s out of your wheelhouse, you can connect them to people who do. How many of your clients take vacations and could use travel insurance? How many travel insurance agents do you know? Members of Health Underwriters regularly meet agents that exclusively work in travel insurance.
Happy clients keep coming back because they know you have their best interests at heart.
You’ll receive these great health and wellness benefits
If you’re a member of ISAHU all the benefits of national membership are afforded to you, including diagnostics, education and coaching, employee assistance, health risk assessments, medical record help and management, benefits in PPO networks, screening, and various supplement product discounts.
Plus savings up to 70% at these partners, and dozens more…
Specialized tools to skyrocket your career
- LTC Connection
- My LTC Office – LTC Connection
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA) Dashboard – Cordova Advisors
- HSA Simulator
Speciality resources to help you do your job
…and more speciality resources
- An invitation to our Annual Convention
- Educational web seminars
- Designation & certification programs
- HIPAA Privacy Requirements Compliance Guide
- Financial Privacy Requirements Compliance Guide
Advocacy and insider benefits exclusively for members
- NAHU is your advocate, representing your interests to federal and local governments.
- NAHU’s legislative efforts strive to educate and inform elected leaders at the state and federal levels.
- We help clarify bills and legislation through our Key Contacts.
- The Health Underwriters PAC (HUPAC) works at the federal level with the state ISAHU-PAC works here in Indiana.
- Grassroots organizations mobilize our members to meet with legislators in the State House.
- Continuing Education classes are included at most local meetings regularly.
- You’ll have access to Health Insurance Underwriter and Issue monthly magazines.
- You’ll also receive Washington legislative updates via email such as Newswires and Washington Updates.